Ways to Get Involved
The Habitat construction site is open year-round. We welcome both skilled and unskilled volunteers on site and we provide all of the necessary tools, though you are free to bring your own if you prefer.
Ways to Get Involved/Become a Partner
- Click here to contribute online using your credit card.
- Or send a check to our address listed below. Your gifts are tax deductible.
Central Valley Habitat Office
P.O. Box 245 Bridgewater, Virginia 22812
Central Valley Habitat is now part of AmazonSmile. AmazonSmile is a website that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop at AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation donates 0.5% of the price of eligible purchases to the charitable organizations selected by customers.
Central Valley Habitat for Humanity depends on volunteers for many tasks including all phases of construction, providing meals at the construction site, serving as Family Sponsors for new Habitat partner families, and doing the work of the Habitat board and committees.
If you would like to volunteer:
- Fill it out our Volunteer Signup Form here
If you are responding to a request for volunteers for a specific time and place, you may respond via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sponsor a Home / Membership Opportunities
- Sponsor the building of a Habitat house. Individuals, businesses, churches, or other groups may sponsor a home, either alone or in a shared effort with others. This sponsorship requires a pledge to raise $35,000 over a one to three-year period and to provide volunteer assistance in the construction of the home.
- Join the Platinum Club – Members pledge to contribute $5000 each year for five years. Monthly payments may be made.
- Join the Gold Club – Members pledge to contribute $1000 each year for five years. Monthly payments may be made.
- Join the Carpenters Club – Members pledge to contribute $200 or more on an annual basis. A wall plaque is available which can be updated each year the donor contributes.
- Become one of the Thousand Beacons of Light. Each member is asked to send a $35.00 donation each time a CVHfH house is dedicated. There is a maximum of three requests each year for an annual total of $105.00.
- LAND! We need land, in tracts large and small, in Rockingham County and Harrisonburg. Do you own LAND that you would donate or sell to Central Valley Habitat below market value? We need YOUR help to secure LAND to continue our mission. Contact Us for more information
Join a Central Valley Habitat for Humanity Committee
Contact Us for more information about current committee opportunities. Committees include:
- The Family Selection Committee reviews applications and interviews applicants for Habitat houses.
- The Publicity Committee manages our Speaker’s bureau, special events, printed promotional material and other public relations activities.
- The Volunteer Committee coordinates volunteers for construction projects, committee work, and special events.
Affiliate with a Campus / School Chapter
These churches covenant to support Central Valley Habitat with prayer, an annual financial contribution of their own choosing, and promotion of volunteer opportunities.
Central Valley Habitat
P.O. Box 245
205 Dry River Rd.
Bridgewater, Virginia 22812