Office and Finance CoordinatorCentral Valley Habitat for Humanity - Bridgewater, Virginia
Office and Finance Coordinator
Location: Central Valley Habitat for Humanity Office, Bridgewater, VA
Full-time exempt position. Standard work schedule is Monday through Friday, with some evening and weekend events.
Central Valley Habitat for Humanity is seeking an energetic, dynamic individual to fill the position of Office and Finance Coordinator. This position will be a part of a four-person team working to promote and develop programs, practices and funding that will support the mission of providing a decent place to live for low income families who reside in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County. Specifically, this individual will be charged with coordinating all office procedures that allow communication among the affiliate committees, families and the board of directors. The person in this role will also be expected to maintain accurate financial records using QuickBooks, promote funding by communicating with donors, support fundraising events, and support the grant process.
To ensure the efficient operation of the affiliate by working with a team of 4 staff members, families, committees and the board of directors to promote effective programs and practices. To support the process of building additional partner relationships with community resources in order to support construction to increase building scale. Specifically, this individual will be charged with coordinating all office procedures that allow communication among the affiliate committees, families and the board of directors. The person in this role will also be expected to maintain accurate financial records using QuickBooks, promote funding by communicating with donors, support fundraising events, support the grant process and efficient in-kind program-related relationships, that promote the mission of CVHFH.
Reports to: Executive Director
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for promoting and developing programs, practices and funding that will allow the Affiliate to meet its mission and vision; attract and cultivate diverse partnerships; and serve as a Habitat for Humanity ambassador in the community. Will perform other duties as assigned.
- Provide support and guidance to the Board of Directors, the Affiliate Committees, and the Executive Director to ensure their effectiveness and to assist them in meeting growth and development goals of the Affiliate
- Work with the Executive Director and the Construction Manager to synchronize efforts in order to meet the construction budget and the affiliate budget.
- Develop, enhance, and scale new business procedures and connections that will promote the efficiency across all affiliate programs and practices including capacity building programs, grant engagement, cost monitoring though work with local trade partners, construction and other like businesses, local suppliers, and GIK sources
- Research and promote the integration of technologies to interact with donors.
- Assist with Affiliate-run special events within the community such as the annual banquet and other fundraisers.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge through educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Develop tools that will systematically assess the effectiveness of the programs and strategies used by the affiliate.
Critical Performance Objectives
- Increased organizational and program efficiency throughout the affiliate.
- Integration and development of data base information that will allow the monitoring of construction schedules and budgets.
- Integration and development of data base information that will allow the monitoring and increased contact with donors, trade partners and volunteers.
- All written and verbal communication is presented with the highest of standards of grammar.
- Promote customer service to ensure that issues are handled with the highest level of professionalism to avoid escalation and to promote understanding and quick resolution.
- Seek strategies that represent best practices in all that is done on behalf of the Affiliate.
Requirements and Qualifications
This individual must understand and appreciate the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Qualified candidates must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Must possess strategic problem-solving and planning skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment and the ability to multi-task
- This individual must be detail-oriented and able to work independently
- Must be able to deal with a diversity of individuals and remain consistent in maintaining a professional demeanor
- Prior experience in database development and use is preferred
- Prior experience in use of Quick Books and accounting processes
- Have knowledge of business/civic/church organizations, local trade partners, suppliers, and key stakeholders in the community
- Possess working knowledge of procedure that exchanges data between sources such as Excel, Access, Quick Books, CoConstruct or other software
- Willingness to set growth goals and obtain the information needed to perform the requirements of the job
Must have demonstrated independent responsibility for program development and management. Should possess working knowledge of QuickBooks, Outlook, MS Office, Excel, Publisher, recordkeeping, and data entry. Must possess working knowledge of software that integrates fundraising, project scheduling, and donor development.
Coursework taken or work experience with accounting, and database development. This individual should also be willing to take classes or training through CVHfH supported programs to obtain the knowledge needed to perform this job.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Second language skills are a plus
Interested? Email cover letter and resume to Executive Director
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to David Wenger, Executive Director Central Valley Habitat for Humanity – email@example.com.
205 Dry River Rd.
Bridgewater, VA 22812